Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lovin the Beach!!





We just got back from a great trip to Carlsbad California! My Parents and Chaise met us there and we had lots of fun hanging out and relaxing. Of course it would not be a Kinne Family vacation without a accident to report!! This is becoming quite a trend one that I would like to see come to an end now!! We spent most of our days playing at the beach then headed up to the pool to swim and to get all the sand out of every nook and cranny!! Went to In and Out burger a couple of times Yummy. The kids were able to see lots of fun animals in the tide pools! Which unknown to us you were not supposed to touch or pick them up OOOPs. The tide pool education girl came to teach the kids about the animals as Porter has a snail and 2 clams in his hands. When she told him "lets go put those back where you found them" he said "no I want to keep them" and he was serious he was mad he had to put them back.



We went to take some family pictures in Laguna at a Alysso creek, it is really pretty there and has lots of big rocks that jet out into the water. It was kind of chilly so the kids were not too happy to be taking pictures. We got a few, my Dad was nice enough to take some for us and we went to see where else we could go. There was a photographer there so I told Brian to go see where they were taking pics. Next thing I know I see Brian and Porter out here.....


and yell "no, no, no not a good idea" as any one seeing this would obviously see why!! Brian yelled back at me oh take a picture it is a good spot! Which I quickly did and told him to go back but not before seeing this.......


I know it looks as though Brian is saying " look a humongous wave coming straight for us isnt that nice" but instead he is telling Porter to look out in the water so I can take a picture!! Oh my, has my son and husband just been swept off into the ocean?!! I could not see anything after the huge wave landed on top of them there was a big rock in the way. Luckily here they come around the corner soaked to the bone!! If I were not sooooo furious I would of taken pictures!!! Brian's left arm was covered in blood which looked lovely on his white shirt. I wish I would have taken a picture of Brian's elbow it was nasty!! He landed on a rock because is was trying not to let go of Porter. The wave was so strong that it knocked him off of his feet and pulled Porter's shorts down. Thankfully Brian held on tight to Porter I could just imagine him being swept by the current back into the ocean. So after 2 hours in the ER that was conviently down the street Brian got glued back together and on our way. Boy we are never going to forget our vacations!!
Amazingly the blood came out of Brian's shirt!!

We had lots of fun!! It was fun to see Papa and Jo thanks for hanging out with us!!

9 comments:

Sherice said...

Scary!! I am glad everything turned out okay- well, except for the ER trip. The pictures turned out so cute though. I love the one of your family!

Nat and Dave said...

Holy crap! That is so scary! I can't believe that! I'm so glad he held on so tight! That could have been so bad! You do have crazy stories on vacation! Cute pics I love them!!

Jenni said...

Ha, ha, I have to laugh only because you already told me the story and to think of history this summer. The pictures are darling and you all look so cute!!

Jana said...

Man- what some people will do to get a good picture. Just Kidding! How scary, and I bet you felt so helpless watching your husband and son get swept out to sea. I am so glad you all made it back!

Craig Family said...

That was not a fun post. I was sick to my stomach reading it and seeing the wave coming. I felt like I was there watching and waiting for them to get swept away. I am soooo happy they are okay. Nice save, Brian! Oh ya, way cute pictures too.

Denise said...

What is it with Brian and accidents?? Looks like you guys still had fun. I hope we can join you one of these years:)

THE WILSONS said...

Sounds like Brian. :)

The pictures are beautiful! That's so much fun that your Mom and Dad met you there. Your parents are so great. I still remember how attached Jack was to your Dad. :)

Brandee & Julie said...

Oh that is one of the scariest things I have ever seen. Thats one of my biggest nightmares. I can only imagine watching it happen. Im glad you guys had fun. I have not seen you guys forever. By the way, I love your pictures.

Mike & Zona said...

THIS IS SO SCARY!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT BRIAN WAS ABLE TO HOLD ON TO PORTER!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BLESSING!!!!! YOU HEAR OF THESE THINGS ALL OF THE TIME. I AM SO THANKFUL ALL TURN OUT WELL! THE PICTURES ARE AMAZING! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! I LOVE YOU
ZONA