Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Sweet Brynleigh

Our beautiful girl Brynleigh sang in the Primary Program today. She sang the last verse of "If the Savior Stood Beside me" all by herself. I recorded the audio and have been trying all day to get it on here with no luck. She did such a great job and we are so proud of her. She was not even nervous one bit (I felt like I was going to throw up!) Poor Daddy was still in Ca for training and he felt so bad that he could not be there. I don't know if it was very reverent of me but I called his cell phone when she was singing so he could hear her. She has such a beautiful voice that is a God given talent (one of her many) Brian and I laugh at each other because neither one of us can sing AT ALL!! She is such a special spirit and we are so blessed to have her in our family, and I can't wait to see all the great things that are in store for her.

Just a special side note that I do not want to forget... After church I was telling Bryn what a good job she did and Porter said "Thats because she had a bright light shining on her" Brynleigh told him "no Porter I did not" kind of bugged by comment why I dont know. I asked him what he meant and he said, "I saw her and she had a bright light shining on her" I know that the spirit was strong today in sacrament meeting. I love that little kids are so intune with those things. I am so greatful for all my children and the wonderful job they did today.

I will keep trying to get the audio on so Grandma Jo can hear it.

8 comments:

spenceandcass said...

Awhh....I missed it! I didn't get to hear her sing. Shame Shame Shame on me for being late for church today!
By the way, I really hope you reconsider this weekend...tell Brian the beds are extra extra nice at the cabin. King size beds....down comforters....your own tv in your room.....and you willl have your own bathroom. Are you enticed yet?

Jenni said...

She did sound so good. She is darling and yes the spirit was strong, even when the sunbeams did the "thing"

SARAH said...

I hope you can figure out how to post her singing- I would love to hear it!
So sorry I can't make it up tomorrow. Hopefully I can make it up soon.

Anne said...

Wish we could have been there to hear her sing! I am sure it was amazing! Cute pictures of the visit to Grandma's. I love the story about the apple tree. My Great Grandma had a cherry tree...and we did the same thing.

Anne said...

Wish we could have been there to hear her sing! I am sure it was amazing! Cute pictures of the visit to Grandma's. I love the story about the apple tree. My Great Grandma had a cherry tree...and we did the same thing.

Jenifer said...

What a beautiful story! Way to go Brynleigh! I still won't get up in front of a lot of people, let alone sing!

The Mullins said...

She did do a fantastic job! I am so grateful she was willing to be a part of our Primary Program and to help make it so special!

Cuties on Top said...

That is so sweet! Your kids are darling! I love how kids are intune with the spirit, it is so sweet!