Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grandma Great


four generations

Today we went out to visit my Grandma (Grandma Great) I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful grandma. I have so many memories of her and so many of our families traditions have come from her. She has always been such a hard worker, fantastic seamstress and has such a great love for her family. She always made all of the grandkids matching outfits for every holiday and so many dolls and blessing blankets for all of her grandkids and great grandkids. She makes the best gingersnaps and sandwiches all wrapped up in wax paper. I loved going camping or sleeping over at her house because she would always have clean ironed sheets on her bed. They felt so nice to get into. I am so grateful that my kids get to see her and feel of her love.My Grandma has a apple tree in her yard that we used to play on when we were kids. Each time we go there my kids want to play in it or swing from it. They usually want me to take their picture in it too so of course I did. One of my kids told my Aunt that she should get in the tree and have her picture taken so..... she did too! What a fun Aunt.



I cant mention my Grandma without talking about my Grandpa! I wish my kids could remember him. He was the best story teller (most of them not true but hysterical) whistler, crazy dancer, guitar player and loved to get a rise out of my grandma whenever we were around. I miss him very much and know that he is watching over us.

12 comments:

Emily said...

That picture withthe hands is so cute! I love that your kids can know your g-ma. doesn't it make you feel so blessed? your kids look very cute.

Johnson's said...

That is so sweet, Grandma, doesn't get to see all of us like she use to. She misses all of us so much, I love the pics you took, good keep sakes, I need to hire you.

Denise said...

What wonderful pictures! They will be such a treasure!! Way to go Barbara, I love that picture!

Jenni said...

so cute Lic, what a good grand daughter you are. The pictures are daring as usual and oh how it is to remember all the things about the ones you love so much!

The Browns said...

Your grandma is so sweet. She does love everyone. Evertime I met her she rememberd me and was so loving to me. I love that picture of the hands!!Good work.

Emily said...

I am love with that picture with the hands....that is worth blowing up into a big one! It is soooo precious!

Brycie @ Reenie Jae Creations said...

I bet Granny was so excited to see your family! I wish we could all get together more often like we all use to. And wow look and my Mother in the tree, haha. It looks like that was a great day! :)

spenceandcass said...

I love the picture of all of the hands. Very cute idea. Have you reconsidered this weekend? I am going to keep bugging you.

THE WILSONS said...

Gorgeous pictures!! My sister-in-law, Mindy, LOVES what you did for her. I wish I would have known that you were a photographer when we lived there!! You really take beautiful images Alicia. You're very talented.

Hey... i made my blog private. I sent you an invite, but not sure if it worked. Email me and let me know if you're able to get into the site.... jwilson3154@yahoo.com

Jenny

spenceandcass said...

Ok.....I will stop asking. You better come next time, though.

Ty and Sun said...

Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT! We love you so much! See ya'll soon!

Kelli said...

Alicia,

What a great picture of all the hands. You will forever remember that. Bryn did such a great job!! You are so great to go visit her!!