Thursday, January 29, 2009

Granny and chocolate cake!!

My granny came out to our house while my mom was here, I just love her so much! She is such a great woman and I am so grateful that my children know who she is. This is only 6 of her 17 great grandchildren (if I am counting right) She has taught me so much and has always done so much for her kids grandkids and great grandkids. What a wonderful blessing she is!!

I love to look at this blog bakerella.blogspot.com she has the most wonderful desserts on there. And she is very talented and creative I wish I could do half of what she does. I saw this and had to make it. It has peanut butter cups on the inside and out. The frosting is dark chocolate peanut butter and heavy cream.... so it is pretty much fat free!! It does'nt look that pretty mostly because I can never wait for a cake to cool before putting the frosting on!! It was sooo good but you could only eat one peice (thank goodness) way too rich! This is why I go to the gym.... so I can eat things like this and not feel too guilty. I love sugar way too much!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Whoa!!! I MUST have that recipe! That sounds waaay good. Especially if it is fat free! ;->

Emily said...

I knew you had a secret! Everything you cook must be fat free!!!

SARAH said...

That cake looks divine! I've been trying to FB chat with you, but my connection won't work.
I need you to teach me photoshop. I'm an idiot and can't figure it out. It's making me nuts.
Heard you were heading to AZ- how fun! Too bad you can't make it a month later and we could all hang out there together!

Bonnie said...

Your Grandma looks like a fun granny. Good job on the cake. It looks heavenly! I love the site Bakerella also. Fun Stuff!

Cuties on Top said...

How fun! That is great your kids are able to know your Granny. Wow! What an awesome cake! Yummy!

spenceandcass said...

The cake looks great! Mmmm peanut butter cups! I would definitely eat that! I've never heard of the bakerella blog. I will have to check it out! BTW grannie is cute.

Jenni said...

I love spending time with grandparents!! And the cake was to die for... very yummy, way to go!!

The Browns said...

MMMMMMMM that cake looks soooo gooood. Next time I need a piece of that. I love fat free stuff. Your granny is so the cutest.

TinaBean said...

Yeah my mouth is watering for that cake right now :). I will have to check that site out. You are so skinny and such a supermodel...it's not fair! I guess I need to workout since I eat bad and don't work out :).

Mikol said...

MMMMM...looks good. I'll have to check that blog out. I'm glad you all enjoyed the time with your Granny.