Monday, July 14, 2008

More firework fun!

  We went to the annual Linquist and Weber State firework display last night.  It is usually not so close to the 4th of July so I wasn't as excited about going.  Aunt Kristi found us some great spots to sit.  The kids had a great time playing uno and with each other.  We ate way yummy food and relaxed and visited with each other.  Now this is normally a prime people watching event!!  Not the weird nutty people but the teenage and college age kids.  Oh the outfits the girls breakout.  You would not believe the amount of girls who klunck around in their 5 inch heels up and down the steep roads on the prowl and dressed to impress.  It is quite amusing.  We all get a kick out of it.  Unfortunately this year half of the grassy hills were being dug up so we did not get to enjoy the fashion parade!!!  It was still fun.

5 comments:

Sherice said...

Alicia- you kill me! That is hilarious. The sad part is that I know once upon a time that was me and my friends out there trying to look all cute for the boys! That was the social event of the summer! Ha Ha! Anyways, your blog looks so cute-I love it!
Have a good day!

Jenni said...

you crack me up! Although I have to admit I am a huge people watcher! Glad you had a fun and SAFE time!!

Nat and Dave said...

I totally agree! My friends and I were totally those girls..(the cute ones though!) We went there to pick up on guys, or vise versa! I bet that was a blast to watch! How funny! When Dave and I were in Hawaii in the Hot tub he had to tell me to stop eaves dropping on other people and pay attention to him...i guess that's how much I love to people watch...its just so entertaining! :) Sounds like you guys had fun!

Jenifer said...

People watching is our favorite sport. I wonder if these girls realize they don't have to work so hard?

SARAH said...

You mean you don't wear heals and a mini skirt when you go to fireworks?
And as far as Lagoon goes- only been once and bought passes. We carpool with a friend so it's not like I could just stop by with her and her four kids. BUT- I swear I'm coming in August- so get ready!!