Monday, July 7, 2008

Let Freedom Ring



So we have had quite the busy 4th and had a lot of fun. I know I said I loved the fourth of July, I hope no one expects some huge extravaganza. It is just a day that I think is the best! So this year the city of Kaysville did not let any one put any chairs out for the parade until July 3rd. I thought I would be sneaky and just go at midnight on the 3rd, so did everyone else, luckily we found a good spot.
Brynleigh and I woke up and went to set up a canopy at 6am ( what a nice girl to go with me) then we headed off to golden corral
I know you are all jealous right now but it is the only place that you don't have to wait forever for a table for all 20 of us! Off to the parade! I need to vent for a minute I get so mad at people who show up 30 minutes before the parade and expect to find a spot!! Where do they end up, 3 familes came and sat in our spot soo annoying get there early people!!!! The kids love the parade there is mostly trucks advertising but they all give tons of candy so they don't care!! We got into a little fight with some people next to us too long of a story to tell but all is well!! The best part about Kaysville parade is the huge water fight at the end.
If you don't want to get wet you had better leave no place is safe. They have the big water tankers spraying tons of water everywhere and truck loads of kids with huge water canons it is a blast. Unfortunately 2 kids fell of the trailers and got run over. Life flight came and they ended the parade. I did hear that they were both okay so that is good. We came home for a little R & R before going to Layton. We always go to layton fireworks mostly for the people watching. Is that horrible? It seems as all the wacko's come out of the woodworks on the fourth. I think they are all hiding at walmart the rest of the year!! We ate yummy food took family pics, aunt Kristi painted our faces. We had lots of fun as usual. Watched the fireworks and went home exhausted!! will add more pics later!

5 comments:

SARAH said...

I only show up about ten minutes early for a parade. And I love getting all the crusty looks from everyone as we throw our blanket out in front. It's awesome.
Glad you had a happy fourth!

Nat and Dave said...

I love your kids...they are so cute..i mean it too! They are so cute! I am glad you guys had fun! We didn't get to see a parade which I am bummed about but i'm sure there are many to come! I'm glad you guys had fun...i'd love to hear the fight story..i bet its a good one! i told em this, but we love people watching too! its so funny and so much fun! whats better...arent people so funny, and weird...and stupid! ha ha!!! what goes through their mind....???

Chelsey said...

Hey Alicia,looks like you guys had a fun 4th as usual. I don't know if Jen told you but the girls are finally home and I would love to get their pictures done soon,if you still want to!I also want to get Logan's done because I am a slacker and didn't get them done for her 3rd birthday yet! Let me know when you can do them. Thanks Chelsey 774-9815 or leave me a comment on my blog kandclindsayfamily.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Sounds like you had fun with the little exception!! It was good to talk to you and hope all goes more relaxing in the days to come. Cute family!

spenceandcass said...

When you were up finding a spot in the wee hours of the morning.......I was in bed.....asleep. You are such a fun mom! Your kids are going to have such fun memories.
First of all....I didn't picture you as a fighter! Very funny. And no.....I don't think people watching is bad.....and yes I believe they do hide out at walmart most of the year.
Glad you had a great 4th of July! If you and Bryan ever want to get out and do anything, give us a call.